Drinking water each day may seem like a simple task, but for many of us, it can be a struggle. Some people don’t like the taste, while others may just get too busy and forget to drink it. Although there are suggestions for how much water a person should drink, everyone’s needs are a little different. Only you can decide how much water you need based on your health, environment and how much you sweat when you exercise. Here are some tricks to boost your water intake.
- Freeze a few.
- Keep bottles of water in your freezer and grab one when you head out. You’ll be more likely to sip chilled water than warm water.
- Fight boredom with flavor.
- For different flavors, toss a few chunks of watermelon, a couple mint leaves or a slice of lemon in your water bottle and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.
Eat spicy foods.
- Not only is hot pepper good for you, adding it to your food will help you drink more water.
- Go one for one.
- Drink one glass of water for each cup of coffee, can of soda or other type of drink you normally enjoy.
- Keep a glass nearby.
- Choose a glass, bottle or pitcher you like and make sure it’s always close at hand. Leave a glass on your nightstand to remind yourself to drink a glass of water before you go to sleep each night.