Denver Health Medical Plan, Inc., hereinafter referred to as the “Company,” complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Company does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, health status, or need for health care services.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, please contact the Company toll-free at 1-800-700-8140, for TTY please contact 711.
If you believe that the Company failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, health status, or need for health care services, you can file a grievance with the Company’s Grievance and Appeal Department at 777 Bannock St., Mail Code 6000, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 602-2261. You can file a grievance by mail or telephone. If you need help filing a grievance, the Grievance and Appeal Specialist is available to help you.
You can also file a civil right complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/smartscreen/main.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave., SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201