It can be hard to let go of old habits. Clinging to patterns is easy to justify, but this can weigh you down and make you unhappy. There’s no time like the present to put your life into alignment. Find ways to rid yourself of unhealthy relationships, learn how to cope during challenging times and find ways to appreciate your mind and body. Here are three powerful ways to help you purge anything that might be weighing you down emotionally, physically or spiritually.
- Let go of people, things and relationships that no longer serve you.
- Do you ever feel like you’re swimming upstream? Or perhaps you find yourself constantly on the giving end of a relationship? Life is continually changing. When you hang on to people or situations that no longer make you happy, it takes up space in your mind, body and spirit that would otherwise allow for new relationships or better energy to come into your life.
- When faced with challenges, take a deep breath and come back to your values.
- Sometimes when we’re faced with difficult decisions, we can’t see the forest from the trees. We may get caught up in a whirlwind of emotions which prevents us from thinking clearly. When this happens, the amygdala, the emotion center of the brain, becomes highly activated. This causes the neocortex, the part of the brain responsible for logic and reasoning, to shut down. All you need to do is breathe — breathe deeply and slowly. Breathing deactivates the “fight or flight” response of the amygdala, telling your body you’re safe. Once you have this under control, you’re able to think more clearly and listen to your intuition.
- Your body and mind are your temples, so treat them with dignity.
- We often think of wealth in terms of finances. But have you ever considered that waking up healthy every day is like winning the health lottery? Without one’s health, even the most successful billionaire is rendered helpless.
Don’t ever feel guilty taking time to recharge yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually.