Take a moment and recall the first time you got on a bicycle. Remember the thrill of pushing off without the help of guiding hands or training wheels? Remember the sense of independence and playfulness? Riding a bike is one of the easiest, most fun forms of exercise — not to mention a great form of transportation. Plus, you don’t need special clothes or a fancy bike. You just need to know how to ride and a safe place to do it.
Benefits of regular cycling include:
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle strength and flexibility
- Improved joint mobility
- Decreased stress levels
- Improved posture and coordination
- Strengthened bones
- Decreased body fat levels
- Prevention and management of disease
While these are all great reasons to cycle, perhaps the best thing to remember is — just like when you were a kid — bike riding is fun!