Stay Healthy at Home
Your Elevate Plan by Denver Health Medical Plan, Inc. (DHMP) is offering qualified members an annual checkup or routine care, at no cost, through Emcara Health. Emcara Health is a national medical group that provides primary care to you in your home.
This benefit is available to both Elevate Exchange members and Elevate Medicare Advantage members (Medicare Advantage members may receive a $30 Medicare Wellness Reward Prepaid Mastercard®* after completion of an In-Home Assessment (IHA) checkup).
The Advantages of an IHA
With many checkups or routine care delayed or canceled due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, we are offering our members a way to get care in the comfort and safety of their own home.
Emcara Health will schedule a nurse practitioner to discuss your health, review your medications and address any concerns from the comfort and safety of your home — because we want to make sure you get the care you need. You can even schedule these visits on nights and weekends.
How Does an IHA Work?
- A nurse practitioner will arrive at your house and ask COVID-19 screening questions. They will wear a mask and will practice social distancing.
- The nurse practitioner will ask you questions about your health and medical history and complete your physical exam.
- Feel free to have a family member or trusted friend with you for the visit; it will last about 45 minutes.
- Following the exam, the nurse practitioner will write up a summary of your visit to share with your primary doctor and DHMP. A copy will be left with you as well.
- Watch this video about IHAs to learn more.
What You Will Need for an IHA
- A quiet place with few distractions.
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothes to make the physical exam easier.
- All of your medications, to show the nurse practitioner.
If you prefer not to have the nurse practitioner come into your home, you can also complete your checkup via telephone and video.
To Complete Your Checkup via Telephone and Video
- You will need a smart phone, tablet or computer with a speaker, microphone, camera and internet access.
- If you use an Apple smart phone, tablet or computer, we recommend using the Safari internet browser.
- For all other smart phones, tablets and computers, we recommend using the Chrome internet browser.
- A few minutes before your scheduled visit, your nurse practitioner will call you and email or text you a link to join the telehealth visit.
- Join with your phone, tablet or computer and speak with the nurse practitioner as though you were in an exam room at your doctor’s office.
- The nurse practitioner will ask you questions about your health and medical history.
- You will also be asked to move the camera around so the nurse practitioner can examine your body, including your eyes, tongue and chest.
- Watch this video about what to expect and how to prepare for your telehealth IHA.
Ready to Schedule Your Annual IHA?
Call Emcara Health at 1-800-693-6215 (TTY 1-800-967-1796) from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Mountain Time), Monday through Friday to schedule a free visit.
To learn more, visit the Emcara Health website.
*Card is issued by MetaBank®, N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. No cash access or recurring payments. Can be used at select merchants where Debit Mastercard is accepted, see website below. Card valid for up to 12 months, funds do not expire and may be available after card expiration date, fees may apply. Card terms and conditions apply, see MyPrepaidCenter.com/page/WellnessRewards.