Have you ever wondered what it would be like to color outside the lines with no criticism? Or wear two different silly socks? What would happen if you burst into song or dance in a crowd full of people you didn’t know — just because you were happy? Acting out of character and somewhat randomly may sound embarrassing, but what if it could actually help you tap into some much-needed joy? Check out our list of nine ways you can mix things up a bit.
Today is the day, so just do it! Here are some ways to change up your day-to-day routine — and truly enjoy it!
- Put on a big smile and say hello to a complete stranger.
- Order something new at your favorite restaurant — be bold.
- Drive home from work a different way than your usual route. Enjoy the scenery.
- Mix up your wardrobe. Wear what you want without the fear of judgment. Maybe it’s that bright orange shirt or yellow pants. Who cares?!
- Let go of your fear. Do that one thing you’ve allowed fear to hold you back from.
- Get a makeover — head to toe. Pamper yourself. You deserve it.
- Move your body. Go out and get some exercise. You’ll feel energized and love yourself for it.
- Let your imagination run free. Pretend you’re still a kid when anything was possible. Slide down a rainbow, ride a dragon, be a princess — anything you can think of.
- Enjoy the music. Turn on the radio and immerse yourself in the beat. Tap your foot, sing loudly and dance like no one is watching!