Are you stuck in a rut but don’t have the time or energy to think about how you might do things differently? Everyone goes through periods like this. You might feel like you’re just going through the motions, doing the same thing day after day, but getting nowhere. You have goals, but you can’t seem to reach them. Ruts can be frustrating, but there are ways you can get motivated and moving again. Here are a few easy ideas to help shake things up.
- Change the order you do things in the shower. If you usually wash your hair last, try washing it first.
- Take a different route to work or when running errands — maybe even try a totally different mode of transportation to get you there.
- Have a conversation with someone new.
- Eat something new or different for breakfast.
- Put your watch on the opposite wrist.
- Change the ringtone on your phone.
- Brush your teeth with the opposite hand.
- Take a new bus route.
- Visit a library or museum you haven’t been to before.
- Read a newspaper or book instead of checking Facebook.
- Eat your lunch in a different location.
- Instead of texting, call the person you were going to text.
- Set an intention for the day each morning.
- Sit outside and soak up some rays!
These are by no means earth-shattering ideas, but they might give you just the extra boost you need when you feel stuck in the routine humdrum.