Halibut is filled with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, niacin and magnesium. And prepared on your grill, it’s especially flavorful.
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Two 6-ounce halibut fillets
- In a stainless steel or glass bowl, combine the garlic, oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
- Place the halibut in a shallow glass dish or a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the fish. Cover or seal and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill on high heat and lightly oil the grate. Set the grate 4 inches from the heat.
- Remove the halibut from the marinade, draining off the excess. Grill the fillets 5 minutes per side or until the fish easily flakes with a fork.