Thinking about higher education?

Did you know that Health First Colorado and Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) members may qualify to get their degree for free?

You can keep your Health First Colorado or CHP+ coverage even if you get a grant, scholarship or work study. The money you get for education does not count toward your income to qualify.

Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (called FAFSA) or on the myStudentAid mobile app in the Google Play or Apple App Store. It takes about 30 minutes to apply.

Members who do not have lawful immigration status or do not qualify for FAFSA can apply for the Colorado Application for State Financial Aid (CASFA). Students cannot get free money from both FAFSA and CASFA.

Tips to get started

Visit My Colorado Journey. And collect these documents if you have them:

  • Your Social Security Number or Alien Registration Number
  • W-2 forms, federal income tax return, untaxed income forms
  • Current checking and savings account statements
  • Investments, stocks, bonds, 529-savings plans information

If you have questions, please email