You may choose from clinics at Denver Health’s Main Campus, one of the 10 Community Health Centers or various School-Based Health Centers to receive your physical and behavioral health care. All appointments can be made through the Denver Health Appointment Center, including Women’s Care, Primary Care, Specialty and Eye appointments.
- Call the Appontment Center if you have not been seen at a Denver Health Clinic in the past 12 months or if you have never been seen at a Denver Health Clinic.
- Call the Appointment Center if you have trouble finding a Primary Care Provider (PCP) or you wish to change your PCP.
- In most cases, you need a referral from your PCP to see a Specialist (a provider who is an expert in one or more areas of healthcare). You do not need a PCP referral to see a Specialist in Optometry or OB/GYN.
Denver Health NurseLine
The NurseLine can provide free medical advice if you are not sure what to do. They can also help you decide if you need to see a provider or go to the emergency room. NurseLine is available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Denver Health Urgent Care Clinics
You do not need to get approval to go to the nearest urgent care center. You may see any urgent care provider, even if the provider is outside the Denver Health Medical Plan network
Preparing for your visit
- To cancel, call the Appointment Line at least one day before your appointment.
- Bring your DHMP ID Card and picture ID to all of your appointments.
- Be 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Free patient parking on the Main Campus is located in the Delaware Garage at 6th and Delaware; metered/paid parking throughout the Denver Health Campus.
|Type of Care||Appointment Standard|
|Emergency||24 hours, 7 days a week|
|Urgent||Within 24 hours of your call|
|Non-Urgent and Non-Symptomatic Care Visit||Within 30 days|
|Non-Urgent, Symptomatic Care Visit||Within 7 days|
|Well Care Visit||Within 1 month*|
*Unless an appointment is required sooner to ensure the provision of screenings in accordance with the Department's accepted Bright Futures schedule.