Made with dry unsalted peanuts, light coconut milk and flavorful spices, this healthy take on chicken satay is sure to please.
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
1⁄3 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
1⁄3 cup light coconut milk
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 serrano chile (stem removed), roughly chopped
6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 36 pieces
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Add coconut milk and the next 4 ingredients (through serrano chile); process until smooth.
- Spoon peanut mixture into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken to the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning after 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Remove chicken from the bag and discard marinade. Thread chicken evenly onto 12 (6-inch) skewers; sprinkle evenly with salt. Grill for 6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done.