Nectarines are high in beta-carotene, vitamin C and fiber. And in this frozen treat, they make healthy taste absolutely delicious!
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
5 small nectarines, chopped
1 cup water
1⁄4 cup honey
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Combine the nectarines, water and honey in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the nectarines are soft.
- Purée the mixture in a blender or food processor. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and apple juice. Chill until cool.
- Whisk the yogurt into the nectarine mixture. Pour into an 8x8-inch pan and freeze until crystals form around the edges, about 45 minutes.
- Stir the crystals into the middle of the pan and return to the freezer. When the mixture is lightly frozen through, whip it until it’s light in color. Then spoon it into a storage container and freeze until firm.
- Let soften at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.