A dish that’s sure to impress the whole family, these Asian-inspired chicken and veggie kabobs are as colorful as they are delicious.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 small zucchini, cut into thick rounds
8 large, fresh mushrooms
1 cup chopped red bell peppers
1 large red onion, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 medium cloves garlic
- Place chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers and onion in a large plastic resealable food storage bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oil and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables and seal bag. Turn bag to coat contents and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Place 4″ to 12″ skewers in water and let soak for 20 minutes. Drain and pour marinade from plastic bag into a small saucepan. Bring marinade to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Arrange chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and onions equally on each skewer. Coat broiler pan with cooking spray. Place kabobs in broiler pan and brush with marinade. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes. Turn kabobs over and brush with remaining marinade. Broil kabobs for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Transfer kabobs to a serving platter.