Stay Healthy at Home
Denver Health Medical Plan, Inc. (DHMP) is offering qualified members an annual checkup at no cost through PopHealthCare. PopHealthCare is a national medical group that provides primary care to you in your home.
If you are a DHMP Medicare member, you will receive a gift card worth $30 after completion of your In-Home Assessment (IHA).
The Advantages of an IHA
With many checkups delayed or canceled due to COVID-19, we want to offer our members a way to keep up with their health care in a manner that is easy and safe.
PopHealthCare will schedule a nurse practitioner to discuss your health, review your medications and address any concerns from the comfort and safety of your home — because we want to make sure you get the care you need. You can even schedule these visits on nights and weekends.
How Does an IHA Work?
- A nurse practitioner will call you at the scheduled time.
- The nurse practitioner will ask you questions about your health and medical history and complete a quick physical exam questionnaire.
- Feel free to have a family member or trusted friend with you for the visit; it will last about 45 minutes.
- Following the exam, the nurse practitioner will write up a summary of your visit to share with your primary doctor and DHMP. A copy will be left with you as well.
- Watch this video about IHA's to learn more.
What Do You Need for an IHA?
- A quiet place with few distractions.
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothes to make the physical exam easier.
- All of your medications to show the nurse practitioner.
To Complete Your Checkup via Telephone and Video, Here is How it Works:
- You will need a smart phone, tablet or computer with a speaker, microphone, camera and internet access.
- If you use an Apple smart phone, tablet or computer, we recommend using the Safari internet browser.
- For all other smart phones, tablets and computers, we recommend using the Chrome internet browser.
- A few minutes before your scheduled visit, your nurse practitioner will call you and email or text you a link to join the telehealth visit.
- Join with your phone, tablet or computer and speak with the nurse practitioner as though you were in an exam room at your doctor’s office.
- The nurse practitioner will ask you questions about your health and medical history.
- You will also be asked to move the camera around so the nurse practitioner can examine your body, including your eyes, tongue and chest.
- Watch this video about what to expect and how to prepare for your IHA.
Ready to Schedule Your Annual IHA?
To learn more, visit the PopHealthCare website.