Help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Being tested for COVID-19 before contact with others will reduce the chance of spreading the virus and save lives. Awareness of a positive test result allows individuals to isolate themselves for a period of time, reducing the chance that they will infect those they love and everyone around them. It may also allow you to seek treatment earlier. If you have been in contact with others who are infected, whether or not you have symptoms, you should get tested.
FREE COVID TESTING OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE
- Walk-in and drive-through testing is free to everyone at these testing centers in the Denver metro area.
- A third round of free at-home tests are now available to all U.S. households from the federal government at COVIDtest.gov.
ADDITIONAL NO-COST COVID TEST OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO THESE DHMP PLANS
- Elevate Medicare Advantage Members – Home tests are available for free. Medicare will cover the cost of up to eight over-the-counter COVID-19 tests per member/per month at no cost to Medicare members, now through the end of the public health emergency. Medicare members can get the free tests at any pharmacy or health care provider that participates in this initiative. Members should check with their pharmacy or health care provider to see if they are participating. A partial list of participating pharmacies can be found at medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus. Members should bring their red, white and blue Medicare card to the pharmacy to get the free tests. Additional information can be found at cms.gov.
- Medicaid Choice and CHP+ Members – Home tests are available for free Health First Colorado will cover the cost of home diagnostic tests. Medicaid Choice members can pick up free tests from Health First Colorado pharmacies. CHP+ members can pick up free tests from CHP+ Pharmacies. Members will need to present their Health First Colorado or CHP+ ID card to the pharmacist. Health First Colorado will cover up to 15 tests per member/per month. CHP+ will cover up to 8 tests per member/per month.
Elevate Exchange, Elevate City and County of Denver and DHHA Members – DHMP will cover the cost of up to (8) home diagnostic tests per month (up to $12 per individual test). Members can get their free home tests one of two ways:
1) Elevate Exchange and large group members can get no-cost tests at in-network pharmacies, except for the following retail chains: CVS, Walgreens and Kroger (King Soopers).
2) Over-the-counter (OTC), FDA-approved diagnostic home tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022 can be reimbursed by DHMP for up to (8) tests. You will need to submit a COVID-19 Diagnostic Test Reimbursement Form to DHMP, along with the receipt for your test purchase. Once your COVID-19 OTC diagnostic test reimbursement form is received and processed, allow up to 30 days for your payment to reach you.
Home Test Benefit Details
At-home diagnostic tests are available over the counter without a prescription and without a clinical assessment by a healthcare provider. At-home tests can be self-administered and self-read without the involvement of a health care provider. OTC tests are available through pharmacies, retail stores and on-line retailers. The home test coverage applies only to FDA-approved OTC COVID-19 diagnostic tests. Some FDA-approved tests include:
CareStart COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
BD Veritor At-Home COVID-19 Test
SCoV-2 Ag Detect Rapid Self-Test
BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test
InteliSwab COVID-19 Rapid Test
Celltrion DiaTrust COVID-19 Ag Home Test
QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test
Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card 2 Home Test
Ellume COVID-19 Home Test